17 December 2007

Cat Days of Summer - Julie


Cat Days of Summer - Julie, originally uploaded by distinguish.

Featured at www.flashpuzzlezone.com/jigsaw/animals/cats/tabby/

Let me tell you something about this cat - he is my everything.

Julie was my first cat. I remember the memory of seeing him peek his head out of the grove and running to tell my parents - his first meal (I'm sure besides mice and birds) was a bowl of milk. It's funny to look back at his first pictures and imagining what I call "before the cat boom" - feeding Julie in a giant pan instead of the styrofoam milk bowls he is entitled to today.

I remember the day I took Julie out on a collar and leash. He was such a trooper, he just walked right beside me - he trusted me.

I remember in his younger days he would run away for weeks at a time, never knowing if he would come back - but he always did. He knew where home was.

Julie has been with me pretty much my whole life. We've been through hard times and good times - Julie even has a song.

But, Julie was only the beginning. Who knew one cat would blossom into dozens and dozens of cats - a lifetime of memories.

No comments: